Tuesday, April 30, 2013

To Baby, or not to Baby, that is the Question:


Over the course of the last couple of years I've really been struggling with this theory of a biological clock.  I call it a theory because I don’t seem to have one.  I keep expecting to wake up one day and hear it ticking.  So far….nada. 
  
In all honesty, I can’t stand most kids.  My favorite is when they cry on planes or in a restaurant.  However, everyone assures me that I’ll love my own - I think I’d like that in writing please.

While all of my friends seem to be on a mission these days to pop out a couple of screaming, vomiting, needy bundles of joy, I can’t help but wonder if motherhood is something I’m destined for?

Most of the time I’m not even sure I can take care of myself let alone another person.  Is there anything at Taco Bell babies can eat?  I already don’t have time to cook, clean, or do laundry, and I can’t even tell you the last time I went grocery shopping.
 
The thought of breast feeding has always grossed me out.  The thought of using a breast pump doesn't sound much more appealing.  There’s nothing even remotely sexy about being hooked up to a machine like a cow.
   
I recently learned from an episode of Grey’s Anatomy that you poop on the table during child birth…ha ha this just keeps getting better.

Episiotomy…nuf said.

I like the idea of having someone that’s obligated to take care of me when I can no longer feed myself or start forgetting my own name, but let’s face it; sometimes kids can be ass holes.  As I've already assured my parents, “Nick (my brother) will be rich and will put you in a good home when you get too old.” 

In all fairness, my brother and I did give my parents an option.  We told them it would be a lot cheaper to send them off on an iceberg like the Eskimos.  I don’t think they liked our idea.  (Shhhh, we haven’t told them that’s still plan B).  
    
In any event, as my 33rd birthday closes in, the reality of the situation becomes clearer…time is running out and I’m not getting any younger.  Pretty soon I’mgoing to have to decide if this baby thing is for me or not.
    
The way I see it, I’m already a few steps ahead of those idiots on 16 & Pregnant or Teen Mom.  How bad could I really screw it up?      

2 comments:

  1. Move to California, have a baby, we will raise it as a community! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are pondering the question of whether or not to bring kids into the world, you are *light years* ahead of the mothers on Teen Mom.

    ReplyDelete