Monday, May 20, 2013

I Think it’s Time you Knew…Your Daughter Dresses Like a Slut


It’s bad enough that some of the most recent fashion trends are at best icky, and I’m not just talking about skinny jeans.  Anybody that knows me knows how I feel about them, and for the most part I can’t support their use.  The only exception made is if skinny jeans are worn with boots.

Skinny jeans are the fashion industry’s idea of a joke, and everyone fell for it.  I’m not sure why nobody figured it out, but they’re not flattering on most people.  Yes, I realize this is MY opinion, and obviously most people don’t agree…because manufactures keep making them.  Hence, this must mean people keep buying them, Economics 101.   

Don’t even get me started on how stupid guys look wearing skinny jeans.  No one wants to see that shit.
 
Not to worry though, I’m not here to single anyone out.  I’m an equal opportunity offender.  I've also had enough neon color everything, pastel and/or floral patterned skinny jeans, harem pants, mullet skirts/dresses, crop tops, and UGG boots with shorts.  Just because celebrities wear them doesn't make it right!  They get paid to look stupid, you don’t.





Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I’d like to discuss my distaste for teenage girls dressing like hookers.   Don’t get me wrong, the boys look stupid too, but at least their shit isn't hanging out everywhere.  Ewe.



I’m all for using clothing as a means of self expression, especially when you’re a teenager.  I mean how else can you really express yourself at that age right?  I get it, I was a teenager once. 

Let’s face it; life is pretty boring until you hit that magic # 21 (or 19 if you live in a state that borders Canada).  If you’re lucky, by 16 you have your driver’s license, but you probably still have to ask to use your parent’s car.  You probably still have a curfew.  You’re not old enough to drink…legally.  Ugh.
 
But ladies, do you really need to wear shorts that are so short and tight that your lady parts can’t breathe?  Not only is it not flattering, but it’s not healthy either.  And unless you’re over the age of 18 and built like a supermodel (which most of you aren't), enough with the crop tops too. 
   
When I was in high school, or actually until I moved out, my parents would NEVER let me leave the house wearing stuff like that.  If I wanted to look like a hooker I had to be sneaky about it!

Mom and dad, do you know what your daughter looks like when she leaves the house?  Are you actually buying these clothes for her?  Granted, kids are going to do what kids are going to do, but you don’t have to make it easy for them.

On that note, I’m sure I've pissed off more than a couple people, however, this is my blog not yours.  If I've offended you…read something else:)  

2 comments:

  1. I think those super short shorts look like Huggies denim diapers. I am not a fan of having to get a bikini wax before wearing shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha that's hilarious! Never really thought about it, but you're completely right.

      Delete