Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Ending of an Era




Well, this week was not great.
                                                   

On Monday I found out that my favorite laundry detergent was discontinued…a long time ago.  Since I’m always the last one to know everything (for example, Mothers Day dinner was moved from 4:30pm to 4pm and I guess they just “forgot” to tell me), I wasn't completely shocked at the response I got from Tide.  However, I was completely disappointed to find out that my long time love affair with that lilac scented wonderfulness was officially over.  Strike one.

On Wednesday I was given the devastating news that my favorite radio personalities (Drew & Mike on WRIF) would soon be going off the air.  I've started my mornings with these guys since high school!!  It’s like a part of my childhood is being taken away from me.  Fart jokes and all, they will be missed.  Strike two.

On Thursday I was notified that apparently I haven’t paid my cable bill in two months.  Whoopsie.  There’s $300.00 I wasn't ready to part with.  Strike three!!!

At this point I was feeling pretty down and out.  What I didn't know yet was that my luck was about to turn around.

Friday was a day just like any other.  I woke up, took a shower, fed the cats, and went to work.  At lunch time, I went to Costco with a couple of coworkers…and there it was.  Folded neatly on a table among hundreds of other unadvertised articles of clothing, the ever elusive “perfect” pair of pants! *mind blown* 
        
Now, what is truly spectacular about this story is that any Costco shopper knows that there are ZERO dressing rooms there.  That’s right ladies; I bought dress pants, without trying them on, for $30…AND THEY FIT AMAZING!!!!  In my 33 years of existence, this has never happened.  Until now.

This kind of occurrence is an anomaly, so of course I went back the very next day and bought the same pair of pants in the other two colors.

The moral of the story, no matter how bad things get, sometimes true love really can be found inside a pair of pants.   




















2 comments:

  1. Yay for the pants! The Universe was trying to make it right with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get a Costco memebership I see, great moral of the story! We can always find the good in any situation!

    ReplyDelete